And back to the day job after a lovely holiday break. Two whole weeks that flew by, as they always do, and just like that it’s a shiny new year full of possibilities.
Unfortunately, they are currently buried under the rubble of last year’s possibilities and I’m only now starting the recovery effort. But that’s a story for a different day.
What’s important is this:
I’m sewing again. Baby steps, but sewing. Little projects, not-so-little projects and things between.
- Bolster pillows for the daybed (using SewKatieDid’s invisible zipper tutorial, of course).
- A stocking (finished in time for our grandson’s first Christmas – no, really!)
- Pennant garlands for both grandbabies’ rooms
- Slipcovers for the miss-matched cube ottomans
- Even a few crazy-pieced blocks
And because a major archeological dig of my studio isn’t enough of a challenge, I added more:
- 2016 January Cure on Apartment Therapy
- Mighty Lucky Quilting Club at Lucky Spools
- Sarah Fielke’s BOM
What madness have you committed to this year?