Tote? THIS tote? Pretty cool, isn’t it?
I’m not saying I ever feel bad about my fabric stash (quite the contrary), but there are some days when I feel downright smug. Like pulling all the fabrics for the tote.
- Ellen Luckett Baker for Kokka – Stamped Cheater Print in Grey/White
- Robert Kaufman – Yarn Dyed Essex in Black
- Jay McCaroll – City Center – Midtown Miami
- Kaffe Fassett – Guinea Flower (Apricot) and Paperweight (Algae)
- Berene Campbell (happysewlucky) – improv adjectives in lime (via Spoonflower)
Mods: Added a zipped pocket on the back panel. Inside pockets are two layers of fabric rather than one. Faux piping. Double layers of the shapeflex for the outside panels and gusset strip, and wide twill straps.
It’s soft, but not TOO soft. It’s incredibly roomy, and the shape created by the pleats at the top of the gusset is perfection.
Even with the mods, and very little (no) prep ahead of time, I was able to finish it in a day. At retreat. Where there might have been a few distractions. It’s a great design, the pattern is well written, and it’s fun AND easy to make it your own. Winner!!