Progress at last!
This past week as been full of progress, and I needed it. One quilt completely finished. Granted, it just needed the binding done on the last two sides ~ but it had been that way for about 5 months.
Three more quilted, with binding attached and just the handwork to do.
A couple hours spent with a lovely friend learning to use my machine on a beautiful baby quilt. So fun!
And finally on the frame (again) and ready to quilt.
This guy really stumped me the first time on the frame. I had a vision all along of how I wanted to quilt it and bought the zigzag pattern boards (used on Fractured Harlequin above) just for this quilt. But when I loaded it the first time, with the long seams horizontal across the frame , I knew immediately I was in trouble. I couldn’t keep the seams straight, and I knew once I started quilting back and forth across the long seam allowances, it was likely to get worse.
When I took it back off the frame, it was with the intention of rotating it 90 degrees and getting back to work on it. Which didn’t happen ~ probably for the good as I’ve learned the hard way that charging on doesn’t necessarily end well. I’m much more optimistic this time.
All in all, a very satisfying week ~ and a LOT of handwork in my future.