After more than a little sorting, shifting and noodling I finally decided on a plan and layout for Orange Crush. The blocks are from three different quilting bees, starting last Fall. It’s fun to finally see them all coming together.
I sorted the blocks into two types: 12 blocks that were predominantly orange/white and 6 that were strongly gray/orange.
To the first group I’m adding a Kona Medium Gray border, and to the 2nd a Kona White border. I cut the blocks 15″ square (14.5″ finished).
An on-point setting allows me to use all 18 blocks
Once I have all the blocks bordered, I’ll be ready to cut setting triangles from Robert Kaufman Quilter’s Linen. It’s bold, but I love the subtle texture – and it’s a little late to try to tame it now!