Okay, this morning rhymed with “stitch”. I got up early to get a couple more rows done on Moulin Rouge. What I did, instead, was spend most of the time troubleshooting problems with the stitching.
- Suddenly loose bobbin stitches: Rethread the machine and check the bobbin tension. Test sew and go.
- Shredding the bobbin thread: Grumble. Replace the needle, which fought coming out. Re-check the bobbin tension. Test sew and go.
- More loose bobbin stitches: Curse. Walk away. Come back. Observe the bobbin thread isn’t in the guide when I take it apart. Check instructions (clockwise or counter-clockwise?) Feel smug that I was doing it correctly, and frustrated it isn’t the problem. Replace bobbin thread.
And in between? More than a bit of unstitching, which I don’t particularly enjoy doing. Actually, I realized the third time I was pulling all the quilting from one of the fans, I actively dislike unstitching. Which is funny because I kinda dig ripping out my knitting. But it’s awkward to unsew when the quilt is on the frame, but even worse my vision is not what it was 3 or 4 years ago and it’s not likely to get better. Aging is a major inconvenience.
We’re headed out the door shortly for a breakfast date, and then chores this afternoon. I’m hoping to get back to it later, but keep your fingers crossed, please. I only have one more trick up my sleeve and if that doesn’t work it’s time to bring in the professionals. Yuck!