Skip to content

Moulin Rouge ~ in progress

I don’t name many of my quilts, but this one has had a name almost from the beginning. Remember these?

They’re getting closer to becoming “Moulin Rouge”. 

Saturday I finished stitching the fans to the backgrounds, made short black bias strips to edge the centers, and then applied them to the blocks. Trimmed, and ready for sashing and cornerstones.

I’ve had 2nd thoughts about the background fabric several times. I had originally intended to order Paris City Map but couldn’t find anyplace with enough for what I needed. I really love paisley, so I when I found it I took a big leap. Behind some of the fans, it’s perfect. Behind others? Not so much. But I’m hoping when I add the black sashing, and lay all the blocks out, I’ll be satisfied.

And the name? It started when I saw the map fabric, but now I don’t see fans. I see can-can dancers.

2 Comments Post a comment
  1. Loved it! ♥

    March 27, 2011
  2. Barb Colvin #

    Wow! Sandie 😀 You are so daring. I would never have considered using that paisley for a background (probably would have used a solid or a mottle), but it looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing Moulin Rouge in all its splendor.

    March 27, 2011

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: