It wasn’t on the list
Well it was, sort of. I started playing with some leftover 1.5″ strips from a Verna honeybun (a pre-cut roll of fabric strips if you don’t speak quilting), with every intention of making a wall quilt. But once I had some of the blocks assembled, and started playing with them on the flannel board, my plan slipped quietly out the window. Or maybe it went kicking and screaming, but either way I ended up with a table runner instead.
I felt like the random mix of the strips made the blocks too busy next to each other. Better with separation, I think, but I wasn’t excited about adding the setting triangles. I did like the symmetry of the on-point layout, but needed more blocks to make it work.
A bit of Kona Snow for the sashing, and it’s ready for quilting!
Excuse the terrible evening photos ~ I might have to learn how to use Jon’s camera……