Home, Sweet Studio
After 12 days away, it really is nice to be home and back in my studio again. Even going back to work today wasn’t SO bad, although it’ll be the end of the week before I’m caught up reading all my e-mails. It’s all worth it!
There will be NO wide shots in my studio in the next couple days, however. I seem to do more damage passing through this room than I ever do when I’m actually in it. It won’t take long to get it ready to go again, but we’re also getting ready to host a very special birthday party this weekend so it’s more than this room that needs cleaning, plus I have one baby quilt to finish quilting and another one to load by Friday. AND a couple of appointments after work. Sounds simple enough, yes?
I did spend a few minutes playing with my fabric booty from this past weekend’s trip. Most of it came from Fabric Depot in Portland, and all of it was on sale. Surprisingly enough, I didn’t buy more when we passed back through on the way home. I was just too tired TO BUY FABRIC. It was a great weekend.
I picked up a book of the cutest clothes for 18inch dolls. Yes, Ashlee is almost 24. But I’ve never sewed for her American Girl dolls, and these are some seriously cute outfits. Humor me, please. A 60 degree ruler (which I needed at the start of my hexagon quilt – not now!) and a very cool pattern for a travel bag might have also jumped onboard. But that’s it. Considering the number of quilt shops we visited, I’m pretty pleased with how I did.
So what’s up next?
- Finish the quilting on the Wonky Stars quilt. There’s a guild meeting on Saturday and I’m planning to deliver it then.
- Load Ashlee’s batik baby quilt. She’ll be home this weekend (briefly) and she wanted to do the quilting on it. It’ll be her first time using the HQ16, which surprises both of us I think.
- Finish the instructions and build the packages to send out for the Moody Blues Bee. I’ve got a bit of work to do in EQ7 to finalize the design, but I’m really close at this point.
- Finish one more Wonky House block and mail it out to Jess of Milky Robot for the Pins & Needles Bee. I can’t wait to see how she finishes her quilt!
- Put together the next quarter of Diana’s quilt.
- Sneak in a couple more blocks for Ashlee’s string quilt from the [Modern 12] Bee. Several of the fabrics I bought this weekend are likely to get added to the pile very soon:
That’s about it for now ~ and Jon just might have some ice cream waiting for me in the kitchen. It’s good to be home!