Wrapping up the week
Just a quick update on my projects this week:
Diana’s quilt is 1/4th pieced. Thank goodness for my EQ7 drawing – I still took apart more than a fair number of seams getting the blocks all going in the right direction. But I love how it’s coming out. And despite my best efforts with photo editing, the pictures don’t begin to reflect how beautiful the fabrics are.
With Jon home, and some dry weather (finally!) I took some outdoor photos of Quilt #3. It still needs a binding, although I did find Kona cotton in the perfect shade of navy, so I’ll have it on before the weekend is out.
My completed project for this week is the Modern Siggy Swap blocks. 101 blocks, all signed and ready to mail out tomorrow. I’m so excited about this quilt. I’ve had a spot on the wall in my studio where this will fit perfectly!
What else….oh, I know! Almost done with Clue #4 on my Moonfleet Shawl. I love this pattern, although if I do it again it will likely be in a solid color. A typical photo of lace-in-progress (so a bit mashed), but you get an idea of the color. It’s also hard to see the hundreds of pink seed beads, but they’re lovely in person.
I have a baby quilt to assemble and quilt this weekend. Amazing wonky stars, done by members of the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild at our June Sew-in. They are so special, and I can’t wait to share some pictures over the next couple days.